Intel wifi driver

Christian Helmuth christian.helmuth at ...1...
Fri Sep 30 17:45:12 CEST 2016

Hello Martijn,

I have no clue what's going wrong on your x201 but expect that Norman
uses Turmvilla with slightly modified version of the mentioned brnach.
What puzzles me in you log are the following lines.

> [init -> wifi_drv] no net device registered!
> [init -> wifi_drv] nl80211: Driver does not support authentication/association or connect commands
> [init -> wifi_drv] nl80211: Remove monitor interface: refcount=0
> [init -> wifi_drv] netlink: Operstate: ifindex=1 linkmode=0 (kernel-control), operstate=6 (IF_OPER_UP)
> [init -> wifi_drv] no net device registered!
> [init -> wifi_drv] nl80211: Set mode ifindex 1 iftype 2 (STATION)
> [init -> wifi_drv] nl80211: Failed to set interface 1 to mode 2: -19 (Operation not supported by device)
> [init -> wifi_drv] wlan0: Failed to initialize driver interface
> [init -> wifi_drv] Failed to add interface wlan0
> [init -> wifi_drv] wlan0: Cancelling scan request
> [init -> wifi_drv] wlan0: Cancelling authentication timeout

Could it be your wlan_configuration is somewhat corrupted or uses
invalid syntax? I never saw our driver complaining about the STATION
thing before.

Greets
--
Christian Helmuth