Genode 16.08 nova.iso rebooting on real Core 2 Duo after relocating modules

Christian Helmuth christian.helmuth at ...1...
Wed Sep 21 14:20:53 CEST 2016

Hello Paul,

On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 08:54:22PM -0400, Paul Dufresne wrote:
> I thought rebooting computer as soon has coming to boot line was for
> old low memories computer
> only, but I get it with nova.iso burnt on a CD on my Core 2 Duo, 2 GB
> (well 3 GB, but 2 Gb
> memory stick recognized as only 1 Gb + one other 1 Gb).
>
> Capture log with null-modem RS232:
>
> Bender: Hello World.
> Need 05df2000 bytes to relocate modules.
> Relocating to 7980d000:
> Copying 483168 bytes...
[...]
> Copying 114820 bytes...

If my calculations from this output are correct the boot modules cover
RAM from 0x7980d000 to 0x7f5e9000. Maybe there's a collision in this
region?

> paul at ...445...:~$ cat /proc/meminfo
> MemTotal:        2041768 kB

Could you please compare the region above against

  cat /proc/iomem'

and check if it fits completely into "System RAM"?

Greets
--
Christian Helmuth
Genode Labs