My P4 Netvista works fine on real hardware with both nova and sel4 CD

Paul Dufresne dufresnep at ...9...
Wed Sep 21 04:28:36 CEST 2016

I decided to test my computers in reverse side:
P4 would test the CD
Core 2 Duo would run minicom to capture log files.

I was not expecting it to work, although I had some doubt because
a quite older version was running on that P4.

It appears both my CDs of Genode 16.08 (sel4.iso and nova.iso) have worked fine.
I think that's the first time I was seeing running fine on real hardware.
Well, I did saw the screen on one laptop I tried, but it was not
accepting any input.

Now, the monitor I use (well a relatively old Daenyx tv), was not
working with my other
Celeron D computer... and I was thinking it was EDID that was not use
correctly, but now
I begin to suspect ATI video card was not happy with Genode.

I believe the P4 react better because of Intel 845 chipset it use.

The biggest surprise is the P4 have only 512 Mb:
MemTotal:         497928 kB

cat /proc/cpuinfo:
processor : 0
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 15
model : 2
model name : Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.26GHz
stepping : 4
microcode : 0xf
cpu MHz : 2259.011
cache size : 512 KB
physical id : 0
siblings : 1
core id : 0
cpu cores : 1
apicid : 0
initial apicid : 0
fdiv_bug : no
f00f_bug : no
coma_bug : no
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 2
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov
pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pebs bts
bugs :
bogomips : 4518.02
clflush size : 64
cache_alignment : 128
power management:

Well, I guess there is no need to include capture files.