Writing sel4.iso on a CD/DVD vs. on an USB key

Josef Söntgen josef.soentgen at ...1...
Sun Sep 18 11:49:50 CEST 2016

Hello Paul,

* Paul Dufresne <dufresnep at ...9...> [2016-09-18 03:58:05 -0400]:
> At first I had burned sel4.iso on a CD, but no computer was able to
> boot from it.

The sel4.iso works fine for me when burned onto a CD-RW. If possible
please try another disc.

> I know Linux distribution can often be put on both DVD and USB keys
> without thinking much.
>
> Why (is?) Genode would be different?

I do not know which methods Linux distributions use to make their ISO
images useable on USB flash drives but I assume it might be similar to
how we do it. Basically, we create a normal ISO image with a isolinux
bootloader and use isohybrid afterwards so it can also be used on USB
flash drives [1].

[1] https://raw.githubusercontent.com/genodelabs/genode/master/tool/create_iso

Regards,
Josef