SABRE tablet camera

Tue Sep 13 13:27:14 CEST 2016

Hi,

On 09/12/2016 06:35 PM, rijurekha at ...71... wrote:
> Currently, I am browsing the android source code folders, to find "camera
> device driver" related code. What is a more systematic way to understand
> what happens at the systems level between "pressing a camera button" --
> "pressing the capture button" -- "saving the picture" in an android
> phone/tablet?
>
> Can something like systrace
> (http://www.vogella.com/tutorials/AndroidTools/article.html#systrace), be
> used to see what kernel functions are invoked? Is such tracing supported
> on android 2.3.7, on which the demo is based? Did you use any such tool to
> understand the necessary code related to touchscreen/display/capacitive
> sensors, which you then moved to the secure world?

I don't know. I never used systrace before (only strace). When looking
at the behaviour of the Linux kernel drivers for IPU and touchscreen, I
simply traced all memory mapped I/O accesses by introducing
corresponding printks manually (__raw_read* and __raw_write* in io.h).
By studying the output, the documentation, and in case of doubts the
Linux kernel code, I implemented the corresponding IPU functionality.

Regards
Stefan