VirtualBox on Genode

Alexander Boettcher alexander.boettcher at ...1...
Sat Sep 10 11:45:29 CEST 2016

Hello,

On 09.09.2016 18:29, Chris Rothrock wrote:
> Neither of the two machines I have tried this on have a native serial
> port.  Will a USB to serial connection work or will I need to add the
> dde_linux component for the USB drivers?

No, this is not going to work.

You may check whether the machines support Intel AMT in your UEFI/BIOS.
It provides a feature called SOL (SerialOverLan) with that you can route
the serial output to some other machine.

Otherwise you will need some PCI/Serial card for your desktop/server
machines or for notebooks there are mini PCIe cards if you have such a slot.

Alex.