Checkpoint/restore of capabilities

Denis Huber huber.denis at ...435...
Sat Sep 3 13:22:19 CEST 2016

Hello Norman,

your approach sounds really good and promising. But I have a problem
when storing the Capabilities from the Cap Space of the child:

The child component shall be migrated from one ECU to another. The
Genode system on the other ECU may have the Rpc_objects, which the child
needs (e.g. shared dataspaces), but their object identities are
different (e.g. other addresses in memory) or the Rpc_objects do not
exist (e.g. a session object between the child and a service).

During a restore, I will have to relink the Native_capability to the
available Rpc_object or simply recreate the Rpc_object. In both cases I
have to know the types of the Native_capabilities, when I snapshot them
from the Cap Space of the child. Is there a way to find out the type of
a Native_capability through an API function?

If there is no ready-to-use function/approach, can I intercept the type
to which a Native_capability is reinterpreted in Rpc_entrypoint::manage
as a workaround solution?

Kind regards,
Denis