Supported ARM devices

Tue Oct 25 09:45:00 CEST 2016

Hi,

On 10/24/2016 06:43 PM, Yevgeny Lavrov wrote:
> Hello. My current task is to bring Genode, preferably with seL4 on ARM. Can
> you please provide me a list of supported ARM devices, or recommend an ARM
> device that would be the best suited for this task. Thank you.

currently Genode runs (depending on the kernel) and is tested regularly
on top of the following ARM hardware:

Rasperry PI (Broadcom BCM2835 SoC with ARM1176JZF-S)
i.MX53 Quickstart board and SABRE tablet (i.MX53 SoC with Cortex A8)
USB armory (i.MX53 SoC with Cortex A8)
Pandaboard (OMAP 4430/4460 with Cortex A9)
Wandboard Quad (i.MX6 SoC with Cortex A9)
Odroid XU (Exynos 5410 SoC with Cortex A15)
Arndale board (Exynos 5420 SoC with Cortex A15)

With respect to device drivers Genode supports the following peripherals:

Rasperry PI (SD-card, GPIO, USB host controller + USB HID, Ethernet)
i.MX53 QSB (LCD Display, GPIO)
i.MX53 tablet (LCD Display, Touchscreen, GPIO Buttons)
USB armory (SD-card)
Pandaboard (SD-card, GPIO, Framebuffer)
Odroid XU (AHCI, SD-CARD, Framebuffer)
Arndale (AHCI, SD-CARD, Framebuffer, USB, Ethernet)

(on all boards the kernel, either Fiasco.OC or our own, uses the main
UART for logging and one timer for scheduling decisions)

We successfully used the following, additional hardware with QEMU:

ARM PBXA9 (Cortex A9 SoC, framebuffer, PS2, Ethernet)
Xilinx Zynq (Cortex A9)

For i.MX53 we exemplary implemented support for TrustZone. On top of the
Arndale we implemented basic support for hardware-assisted
virtualization. Both implementations are part of our own HW kernel
(meaning Genode's core running directly on hardware).

With respect to sel4/ARM, you can find information on this page:

   https://wiki.sel4.systems/Hardware/General-ARM

Currently, I think Arndale, Odroid XU, or Pandaboard will be good
options for you. In the near future, we plan to enhance support for NXP
i.MX6. So then the SABRE Lite (i.MX6) supported by sel4 might be an
option for you too.

Regards
Stefan