Linking genode processes at different address space

Alexander Boettcher alexander.boettcher at ...1...
Tue Oct 18 17:31:14 CEST 2016

On 18.10.2016 11:16, Parfait Tokponnon wrote:
> My real problem is this :
> When an EC (Execution Context) traps into the kernel, how the kernel can
> know which component it belongs to or which component originates this trap,
> and when the kernel, returning to userspace, elects an EC, which component
> this EC belongs to. I would like to get from the kernel at runtime the
> component an Ec belongs to. Is it Possible?

You will need to add your own support code in the kernel and Genode/NOVA
to correlate things.

If you haven't yet a fully high dynamic setup, I would advise to enable
in the kernel the debug output in the beginning of

sys_create_ec
sys_create_pd

and accordingly in Genode add debug output of the names of the process
and thread before all occurrences of

create_ec
create_pd

in repos/base-nova.

With the information you are able to correlate EC and PD pointers in the
kernel with Genode names for the process and threads.

Hope it helps,

Alex.
--
Alexander Boettcher