Enabling secure boot on the USB armory

Martin Stein martin.stein at ...1...
Wed Oct 5 15:46:47 CEST 2016

Hi 오지수,

Am 28.09.2016 um 07:10 schrieb 오지수:
> Hello
>
> I'm currently trying to boot Genode 15.02 on the USB Armory.

If just want to boot Genode without the need for secure booting, have
you tried article [1]?

> [1] provides tutorial of secure boot on USB Armory.
> But, [1] only handle linux zImage.
> Is this possible to generate signed U-boot for Genode image?

The current mainline Genode toolchain doesn't support creation of
verified uBoot images. As far as I know, nobody tried to secure-boot
Genode on the USB Armory yet. Thus, I can't give you any approved
information on how to add support. I had a quick look at the tutorial:

"... The U-Boot compilation (with Verified Boot and HAB support)
requires a precompiled zImage Linux kernel image source tree path ..."

This makes me wonder whether the Verified Boot/HAB tools support kernels
other then Linux at all. For this question it might be better to ask the
imx53 community [2] / manuals [3] or at the USB Armory forum [4].

[1] https://github.com/inversepath/usbarmory/wiki/Genode-OS
[2] https://community.nxp.com/
[3] http://cache.nxp.com/files/32bit/doc/app_note/AN4581.pdf
[4] https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/usbarmory