Assigning PCI device to device_pd

Alexander Boettcher alexander.boettcher at ...1...
Tue Nov 22 20:28:23 CET 2016

Hi,

On 22.11.2016 00:54, Alexander Senier wrote:
> gets called for 0:2:0. The only place I see where assign_device() is used in the code, is in config_write() when writing PCI_CMD_DMA to
> PCI_CMD_REG. However, when doing such a config_write() manually in my component, I get an Out_of_metadate exception. How can I assign the PCI
> device to my drivers device_pd?

by calling config_write() successfully ;-). You have to handle the
Out_of_metadata exception and then the assignment will succeed. Just
look into the other drivers as this is handled there, e.g.

https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/blob/master/repos/os/src/drivers/ahci/spec/x86/platform.cc#L101

Cheers,

Alex.

--