Clang compatibilities

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Fri Nov 4 14:07:36 CET 2016

Hello Keiko,

welcome to the mailing list!

As far as I know, there is nobody using llvm as tool chain for Genode. I
do not see any principle show stopper though. So you are welcome to
explore this direction. While doing so, you may find the reasoning
behind our tool-chain customizations useful, which is given in Section
7.2. "C++ runtime" of the documentation [1].

It is also worth noting that our Rust support uses the official Rust
tool chain, which is based on llvm. It produces binaries that work on
Genode. You can find the used llvm target configurations at [2].

[1] https://genode.org/documentation/genode-foundations-16-05.pdf
[2]
https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/tree/master/repos/libports/src/lib/rust-targets/spec

> I wonder if you would accept these changes as a minor fix if I follow
> the "Contributing to Genode" guideline?

It goes without saying that your fixes are welcome! :-) Would you
consider opening corresponding issues at GitHub?