Reagaring Genode and USB Armory

Martin Stein martin.stein at ...1...
Tue May 3 16:19:00 CEST 2016

Hey Utkarsh,

Am 28.04.2016 um 21:10 schrieb Agrawal, Utkarsh:
> I think you missed to attach the log. :)

I checked it. No, the attachment is there. Its no footnote like [x] but
a file attached to the mail.

> * I have been using the prebuilt Linux. I again built everything by following the instructions you mentioned. The UART is still exactly the same.
>
> * I used the Uboot as mentioned at [1].

Hm, its strange that it gives another output than mine.
Could you pleas do the following and send me the corresponding output:

rm -rf <genode_dir>/contrib/uboot/
VERBOSE= <genode_dir>/tool/create_uboot hw_usb_armory
md5sum <genode_dir>/contrib/uboot/build/hw_usb_armory/u-boot.imx

> * I am building Genode on Ubuntu. I tried to connect to the device on Ubuntu and Mac OS X. No luck.
>
> * Those lines are still missing in the log.
>
> After I am done with building genode, and the sd-card is prepared, I followed the instructions at [2], and [3].
>
> I am not sure if I am supposed to add an entry to /etc/network/interfaces in genode, as there are no usb0 entry there.

I don't think so. The usb link bring-up failed already on the guest side
as the log suggests so the host isn't the problem.

> Also, I have attached the script at [4] which I am using to create the image. Save it as "<filename>.sh", and run with "sudo". I hope "sudo" is not screwing up something.

First, your script installs the Genode sources and some tools. We have
not added this to the tutorial as most of this is a prerequisit to
Genode development in general. Regarding partclone, however, I agree
with you. I'll add a hint in the tutorial. The rest of your script seems
to be the same as the tutorial.
What is the 'umount "$TARGET_DEV"?' for?
Why have you changed the order of some instructions like 'make run/tz_vmm'?

Btw., it seems that [4] isn't available anymore.

Cheers,
Martin