service routing

Nobody III hungryninja101 at ...9...
Fri Mar 11 03:32:23 CET 2016

I've been thinking about how to make a Genode desktop OS, and one of the
main issues is service routing. Genode currently works well for static,
pre-defined scenarios, but has issues when you try to create complex,
dynamic scenarios. When adding a single component, I've often had to add to
the policy configurations of multiple core servers. This is far from ideal.
I have two ideas to help solve this issue:
1. Add a server dedicated to routing services. This server would request
services for other components using its own label, so it can use its own
policy rules rather than those of the individual servers.
2. Give init the ability to provide services from its children to its
parent and siblings.