Mouse pointer speed

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Mon Mar 7 17:14:18 CET 2016

Hello Bent,

> In all the examples that come with Genode, the mouse pointer moves at
> what seems like an erratic speed.
> Is this a driver issue or something else?

I am afraid that your question is too unspecific to give you a good
answer. Do you observe the erratic behavior on different machines and
with different mouses? Are you referring to a PS/2 mouse (with the PS/2
driver) or a USB HID mouse (with the USB driver)? Or are you using a USB
mouse with the PS/2 driver? In the latter case, the BIOS provides some
rudimentary PS/2 emulation. It is really hard to diagnose the problem
remotely.

That said, our PS/2 driver is indeed rather simple. It resets the mouse
but does not attempt to set any specific parameters with respect to
mouse speed or acceleration. You can have a look at
repos/os/src/drivers/input/ps2/ to investigate.

If you observe the problem with the USB HID driver, this would surprise
me because we are actually using the Linux USB driver on Genode. So the
mouse should work just as well as on Linux.