TRACE API: trace identification

Joscha Benz jbenz at ...415...
Thu Jun 30 15:21:29 CEST 2016

Hi,

im currently using genode's TRACE API to trace communication paths
between multiple threads. For that to work properly I need to be able
to map all corresponding trace events to each other. For example a
RPC_CALL event to the corresponding RPC_DISPATCH event.

The problem is as follows. Since a trace event is logged _before_ the
related action is executed, it is possible that a thread is preempted
between those two actions.
In that case I'm unable to do the mapping just using the information
provided by the TRACE API or am I missing something?

Best regards,

Joscha