File_system signals

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Wed Jun 29 20:35:21 CEST 2016

Hello Ben,

> The Session::Tx::Source interface provide
> the methods sigh_ack_avail() and sigh_ready_to_submit(), which allow a
> cilent to get the signal handlers currently in use, but doesn't allow
> registering new signal handlers. I added a workaround that exposes the
> Packet_stream_tx::Client object to the client, but it would be good to
> have a better way to register these signal handlers. Is there currently
> a way to do this, or does this require a modification to the API, like
> what I did?

That's an interesting problem. Thank you for raising it.

I actually do not see a better solution to your's. It might be sensible
to add the two signal-handler registering methods 'sigh_ready_to_submit'
and 'sigh_ack_avail' to the 'File_system::Client'. Those methods would
then call the respective methods on the '_tx' member.