virtualbox.run (was Re: l4linux fails on fiasco.oc 64bit)

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Mon Jun 27 15:56:51 CEST 2016

Hi John,

> [init -> virtualbox] EMT      Initial balloon size 0
> [init -> virtualbox] Could not open ROM session for module "usb_devices"
> [init -> virtualbox] Warning: abort called - thread: vCPU dispatcher
> [init] virtual void Genode::Child_policy::exit(int): child "virtualbox"

this error rings a bell. It was recently fixed but the fix has not
reached the master branch yet. Can you please try it again with the
following patch applied:

https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/pull/2016/commits/aaf160a7aa8c3e12c5f76e263a5a9f547bf8b804

Since we added support for passing USB devices to VMs, VirtualBox
inquiries the information about the present USB devices bo opening a ROM
session for module called "usb_devices". The simple virtualbox.run
script lacks this information. The problem remained unnoticed because
our automated tests use different run scripts (the ones with "auto" in
their names).