l4linux fails on fiasco.oc 64bit

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Sun Jun 26 11:35:25 CEST 2016

Hello John,

welcome to the list!

On 26.06.2016 06:45, john stokes wrote:
> i tried to run l4linux over foc_x86_32 platefrom it ran well. now after
> building the build directory for foc_x86_64 i am agian trying to run the
> run script of l4linux from the build directory then i am getting this error
>
> I have changed the <spec>.conf and of the ports-foc and
> other  tarhget.mk <http://tarhget.mk/> for my
> foc_x86_64 but it is not working the error is :
>

> the same thing works fine for foc_x86_32

Unfortunately, the problem goes a bit deeper than some mismatching
types. The version of L4Linux currently used by Genode is not able to
run on 64 bit. We haven't updated the Fiasco.OC and L4Linux support for
the while. For running Linux as a Genode subsystem on x86 nowadays, we
normally use the NOVA kernel with our version of VirtualBox.