Feather: A very lightweight web service for Genode platforms.

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Wed Jun 22 11:18:00 CEST 2016

Hi Guido,

> Then it stays blank. But the server runs. I expect it to either change
> baud rate from 115200 (correct) to something else, or it doesn't hand
> the port to the LOG service.
>
> Could you provide some hints as where to look?

Genode's core component reads the I/O-port information for the comport
from the BIOS data area (BDA). By default, it points to comport 0. If
the bender chain boot loader detects a PCI device with a comport, it
changes the port accordingly (see Section 7.7.3. "Log output on modern
PC hardware" in the manual [1]). Since your hardware uses a comport that
is neither comport 0 nor a port provided by a PCI card, it remains unused.

As a quick and dirty fix, you may manually hard-code the port at
'base-nova/src/include/base/internal/core_console.h' instead of
obtaining the port from the BDA.

[1] http://genode.org/documentation/genode-foundations-16-05.pdf