Feather: A very lightweight web service for Genode platforms.

Alexander Boettcher alexander.boettcher at ...1...
Fri Jun 17 10:51:47 CEST 2016

Hi,

On 16.06.2016 22:06, Guido Witmond wrote:
> - with Nova, I don't see the serial console output, however, it serves
> pages just as fast as FOC; any ideas how to configure it to get the Nova
> console output?

please try to add the following patch (see steps below) to your foc
build directory and re-run. You should get some message of the form:

using comport xxx

L4 Bootstrapper

What does the comport is in your case ?

If it is 1,2,3 or 4 then the io_ports are 0x3f8, 02f8, 0x3e8, 0x2e8 -
otherwise the shown value is already the io_port.

The i/o port value you may add manually to the nova kernel in
contrib/nova-<hash>/src/kernel/nova/src/console_serial.cpp in
Console_serial(). Set "base" to your value and remove the if base statement.

Does it help ?

Cheers,

Alex.

Step 1: patch foc

In genode/contrib/foc-<hash>/src/kernel/foc apply the patch:

patch -p1 < foc.patch

Step 2: remove bootstrap code in foc build directory manually

rm -rf genode/build/<foc_x86_64/bootstrap

Step 3: rebuild your foc seetup and re-run