[TZ_VMM] - libpng on the i.MX53 QSB

Christian Helmuth christian.helmuth at ...1...
Thu Jun 2 14:16:17 CEST 2016

Hello Tiago,

On Wed, Jun 01, 2016 at 12:50:33PM +0100, Tiago Brito wrote:
> Thanks Stefan, I did what you say and it compiled without any problem, but
> I still cannot run the example.
> I changed the tz_vmm run script like so:
>     set boot_modules { core init ld.lib.so libc.lib.so zlib.lib.so
> libpng.lib.so tz_vmm linux }

Any practical issues aside I doubt that linking all your aspired
functionality to tz_vmm is the proper approach. Genode is a component
framework and access rights of components follow the principle of
least authority. The task of tz_vmm is controlling the execution of
the Linux VM and providing required device emulation. Trusted
functions beyond this task (e.g., processing of PNG images) should be
placed in distinct components. Then, the tz_vmm can use these
components via dedicated inter-component interfaces by RPC, shared
memory, and signals.

A positive side effect of this approach is that you may develop,
debug, and test your PNG processor independently from tz_vmm (or even
i.MX53) given a small mockup environemnt is prepared.

Greets
--
Christian Helmuth