Build issue..."Not a git repository"

Christian Helmuth christian.helmuth at ...1...
Mon Jul 18 18:47:47 CEST 2016

Hello Bob,

On Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 07:14:16AM -0400, robjsstewart at ...196... wrote:
> I've been building Genode the same way for several years and never
> seen these messages, and BUILD_DIR has never been inside a git
> repository. I suspect it is related to building libc in 16.05.

You're right and as Emery wrote: The second warning will disappear
with the next release (or with the current master branch).
Nevertheless, I'm curious why you see the first warning as git is used
like follows in repos/base/src/core/version.inc.

  git -C $(GENODE_ROOT_DIR) describe --dirty=" <local changes>" 2> /dev/null

On my machine, this line effectivle prevents warnings from git for any
GENODE_ROOT_DIR, for example

  GENODE_ROOT_DIR=/tmp

Greets
--