l4android not accessing android image from disk

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Thu Jul 14 16:03:58 CEST 2016

Hi John,

On 14.07.2016 15:23, john stokes wrote:
> thank you for your suggestion. but my basic aim to see the l4android
> running so i am concentrating on that nitpicker is a GUI component
> hence i can correct it later.

in your scenario, nitpicker is the only component that accesses the
physical framebuffer (provided by the VESA driver). L4Android merely
accesses a virtual framebuffer. The framebuffer and input sessions of
L4Android are routed to a nit_fb instance called "android_fb". This
nit_fb component, in turn, tries to open a nitpicker session to display
the virtual tramebuffer on screen. Since you left nitpicker
unconfigured, it won't display anything from "android_fb" on screen.