Build issue..."Not a git repository"

Emery Hemingway emery at ...261...
Thu Jul 14 02:24:54 CEST 2016

Hello,

It looks to me like this is caused by core and libc trying to get some version
information from git, but it is failing because the current working directory
(BUILD_DIR) is not inside a git repository. In the case of core it is only a
cosmetic issue, and version information was removed from libc not long after
it was introduced, so as you move further down the master branch that warning
will disapear regardless.

Emery