Ram quota emergency allocation freed...not sure why.

Bob Stewart robjsstewart at ...196...
Wed Jan 20 01:31:47 CET 2016

On 01/17/2016 01:28 PM, Bob Stewart wrote:
Looking at this again tonight and turning on "verbose" in ram_session
code, showed what appears to be the actual problem which was that the
driver pruss_drv was given an initial  ram quota about an order of
magnitude smaller than was necessary--- 1M verse 10M. Presumably this is
because libc was asking for a lot of ram. With the run script using 10M
for the ram resource in the pruss_drv component, the lack of quota
messages are gone.

It might be better to have error/warning messages emitted that more
accurately reflect the real ram resource issue. If my analysis of the
problem is correct, instead of the message "/Insufficient quota for
transfer: init -> pruss_drv//" issued, /"pruss_drv ram allocation
exhausted"//would be more informative. I interpreted the message as
indicating that init had used all of it's allocation, which was not correct.

Thanks,
Bob/
/