How to calculate the TCB size

Martin Stein martin.stein at ...1...
Tue Jan 19 10:48:27 CET 2016

Hi Jaemin,

Sorry for the delayed answer. Unfortunately, I overlooked your question.

Am 22.12.2015 um 12:39 schrieb JaeminPark:
> I’m working with Genode to implement the ARM TZ-based idea.
> For evaluation, I’d like to count the line of code of the TCB.
> In the build folder, I could find "var/libcache" folder, and there the compiled files for my build configuration could be found.
>
> Do I need to check all files listed in each .d files in “var/libcache” or is there any efficient way to count the number of lines for the TCB?

By default we calculate our LOC values via 'sloccount <SRC_DIR>' called
for each source directory that is used. Of course, this way you have to
evaluate manually which sources (repos, components, libs, specs) are
used in your scenario. At least, I do not know a way to automate this
step. You may reduce the effort by lower requirements in accuracy. E.g.,
when compiling core for hw_panda you can simply count all in base-hw and
base to get an upper bound.

Cheers,
Martin