Roadmap 2016

Nobody III hungryninja101 at ...9...
Mon Jan 11 23:12:27 CET 2016

I agree with Josef. I've actually been thinking about this issue myself.
Here are my ideas for how we could solve the issue without too much
difficulty:
1. Make init terminate all children and restart when the config is updated.
(for nested init configurations; possibly already implemented)
2. Create servers to forward/virtualize services and to quietly reconnect
(if possible) whenever they lose their connection to the service they
forward. (The vfs server fills this role, though it would be nice for it to
handle filesystem driver failure as smoothly as possible.)
3. Allow init to provide services from its children.