Including debugging information in binaries

Fri Dec 9 11:44:34 CET 2016

Hi Christoph,

On 12/07/2016 04:34 PM, Christoph Schmied wrote:
> Hey,
> I am using Genode to build a project based upon base-hw.
> I now want to include debugging information in the final
> binary.
> It seems the debugging information is available in the intermediate
> binaries,
> but not in the final one since it is stripped.
> How can I stop the Genode toolchain from throwing away the debugging
> information?

If you want the on-target binaries to contain debug information, you
have to uncomment the related 'strip' calls in the run tool, which
assembles the finally image. All binaries (except core) are stripped by
the use of the 'copy_and_strip_genode_binaries_to_run_dir' method in
'tool/run/run:445'. Just uncomment the corresponding strip call there.

regards
stefan