Request for Support on the RPI Target

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Tue Aug 16 11:00:09 CEST 2016

Hi Florian

welcome to the mailing list!

On 15.08.2016 10:18, Florian Grätz wrote:
> Dear community,
>
> I would greatly appreciate you support on this matter. One of the
> developers was so kind to point me to the RPi instructions included in
> the 13.11 release notes:
> https://genode.org/documentation/release-notes/13.11#Raspberry_Pi
>
> Still, this post does not answer all questions. What I have achieved so far:
> - I cloned the repository
> - I ran tool/ports/prepareport (which is not mentioned in the Raspberry
> Pi post) and successfully downloaded dde_linux and libc sources
> - I used tool/create_builddir to create the build/hw_rpi directory
>
> I badly failed with the make -C dde_linux prepare_rpi command. It spit out:
> make: Entering direcotry '/home/florian/git/genode/repos/dde_linux'
> make: *** No rule to make target 'prepare_rpi'.  Stop.
> make: Leaving directory '/home/florian/git/genode/repos/dde_linux'
> No wonder, as this directory does not contain a Makefile. The same
> happends with the make -C libports prpeare PKG=libc command.

The mechanism for preparing 3rd-party code has changed since the version
13.11. To install the DDE-Linux code (that includes the USB driver for
the Raspberry Pi), please use the following command:

  <genode-dir/tool/ports/prepare_port dde_linux

To learn more about the way how the integration of 3rd-party code with
Genode works, please have a look at Section 5.2. "Integration of
3rd-party software" in the manual [1].

[1] http://genode.org/documentation/genode-foundations-16-05.pdf