Reagaring Genode and USB Armory

Martin Stein martin.stein at ...1...
Tue Apr 26 10:47:17 CEST 2016

<Discussion moved from my private mail to the Genode mailing list>

Hi Utkarsh,

Regarding your installation script: I think, it is a good idea to share
your experience with the community. However, I don't see which steps of
this process are not covered yet by [1] and [2]. If there are such
pitfalls, please let me know. If you agree, I would directly add them to
[1] resp. [2].

Regarding the Wiki [3]: It was updated and, as I think, now gives a
clearer view of the way towards a Genode hypervisor on the USB Armory.

Regarding your USB-connection issue: IMO, the USB events that your dmesg
shows are not from the integrated USB of the USB Armory but the
UART-to-USB converter you've attached to the device. So, apparently
you're missing feedback from the host controller at all. Could you
please send the UART output of your USB Armory for further analysis?

Cheers,
Martin

[1]
https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/blob/master/repos/os/run/tz_vmm.run#L9