Problem with the AHCI driver

Charles HH charleshh.genode at ...9...
Fri Apr 15 17:53:06 CEST 2016

Hello,

I'm trying to create a custom Turmvilla-like scenario on my computer, but
I'm running into a problem similar to the one Nobody III experienced (
https://sourceforge.net/p/genode/mailman/genode-main/thread/20150601102048.GR9181%40genode-labs.com/#msg34161774)
: when trying to access a physical hard disk with ahci_drv and part_blk,
both components are launched, and ahci_drv reports the ATA device
correctly, but the session is never built (part_blk hangs somewhere in the
Driver constructor and ahci_drv never executes the _create_session function
of Root_multiple_clients). The test run script works perfectly on Qemu
however, and the content of the drive is read correctly. I experienced the
same issue on my laptop, but I couldn't get any debug information because
it doesn't have a serial port. Enabling or disabling IOMMU didn't affect
the outcome.
Did I miss something or is the hardware I'm using simply unsupported (the
computer from which the linked logs where obtained is a Dell Optiplex 7010
with a c216 chipset) ? Should I open a new issue on the GitHub ?

Regards,
Charles