JTAG Debug on the i.MX53 QSB

Tue Apr 12 10:21:53 CEST 2016

Hi João,

On 04/11/2016 01:39 PM, João Rocheteau Ramos wrote:
> Hello Genode Community,
>

> I'm working with Genode in a project and wanted to use a JTAG Debugger with my i.MX53 QSB.
>
> Does anybody know any good documentation and have a recommendation?

It hardly depends on the JTAG debugger (and of course hardware) you are
using. It is independent of the software running on top, e.g.: Linux,
Genode, U-boot etc..

At Genode Labs we made relatively good experiences with the Lauterbach
JTAG debugger, but I have to add this is a proprietary, professional
developed software/hardware with corresponding costs. Nevertheless, I'm
no Lauterbach software power-user, and cannot provide a corresponding
tutorial, but there is lots of documentation on their homepage.

Personally, I have no experiences with other OpenOCD-based debugging
solutions regarding this platform. But when starting to use JTAG during
exploitation of certain TrustZone features on other platforms (already
some time ago), I've experienced that when it comes to more specialized
hardware features the support of the OpenOCD software for that hardware
was sparsely.

Maybe the NXP forum is a better place to receive JTAG related i.MX53
experiences.

Best regards
Stefan