Process migration and persistence

Peter Lindener lindener.peter at ...9...
Mon Apr 4 21:15:05 CEST 2016

Hi
   Daniel, Norman-

   From my perspective..  this discussion about the Potential for Genode to
support possess hibernation, seems like a very productive line of thought
with regard to key features of the next generation Genode API.....

   Daniel mentions Genode's potential to support large numbers of
independent processes (more than might at one time fit in RAM)..
   This brought to mind, a vision of a high performance flash file I/O
layer pre-fetching and storing these efficiently serialized process states
overlapped with the running of others Genode processes as needed...   In
some ways, perhaps we could see this as a very organized form of process
virtualization... but it's apt to be far more efficient with resource
allocation at the system's level...   but then maybe, that always been what
the Genode OS has been about!....    Great vision...lets see this happen..

    -Peter