Golang on Genode

Taru Karttunen taruti at ...102...
Mon Apr 4 12:35:19 CEST 2016

On 29.03 20:45, Petar Stupar wrote:
> I'd like to be able to write servers and clients for Genode in Golang. I
> believe this is currently possible only through gccgo (as I see go is
> supported by Genode tool-chain) but I'd like to be able to use the native
> compiler and all of its standard library.

Hi,

The hardest part for porting the go tool chain is that it really wants
fast access to thread local storage. In addition Go has M:N threading
(go-routines) and moves the go-routines with their stacks from one
physical thread to others quite commonly.

Providing fast thread local storage on x86 with moving stacks can be
quite complex on Genode with various kernels.

- Taru Karttunen