Genode/NOVA+Multiple VMMs Seoul / VBox

Alexander Boettcher alexander.boettcher at ...1...
Tue Sep 22 13:27:32 CEST 2015

Hi Ferreira,

On 22.09.2015 02:13, Roger Ferreira wrote:
> Thanks, it worked.

nice !

> The VGA configuration you describe has to be followed strictly.
> I tried Xorg without success.

Yes. You need to have Xfbdev.

> Taking advantage, now that I have this setup working, I would like to improve it a bit.
> In the wm-cli, if possible, how could I:

> - setup a minimal file system to share files among VMs

There is no support by the Seoul VMM to setup a shared filesystem
between VM and host (Genode). (In contrast: Virtualbox has support by
using the guest additions within the VM. This is supported already by
our VBox port.) You would need for Seoul to setup some network file
system between Seoul VM and Genode host - but that is not my familiar topic.

Emery, Josef, others : do you think some 9p based setup is imaginable
respectively working already ? Better ideas ?

> - shutdown / reboot the base system

Their is no support in Genode right now.

Cheers,

Alex.