Reg: POSIX compliant c library

kiran kumar kiran.akipogu at ...9...
Fri Sep 11 09:01:07 CEST 2015

Thanks for suggestion and followup. What I really want is signal
handling mechanism provided by the POSIX library i.e., I should be
able to register a handler funtion for a signal say SIGALRM or SIGINT,
since sigaction function is defined as DUMMY in libc library I think
that it is not possible to use this functionality with the current
implementation of libc (bundled with genode 14.x), if I am not wrong I
would be happy to know to the process involved in extending the libc
with signaling feature.

On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 9:42 PM, Norman Feske
<norman.feske at ...1...> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 10.09.2015 10:33, Josef Söntgen wrote:
>> There is a libc (based on FreeBSD 8.2.0) that runs directly on top of
>> Genode — no Noux runtime envolved. You will find the backend used
>> to complement the libc on Genode in 'repos/libports/src/lib/libc'.
>
> just as a quick follow-up, to use the libc, you will need to take the
> following steps:
>
> * Download the source code of the FreeBSD libc:
>
>   <genode-dir>/tool/ports/prepare_port libc
>
>   The code will be downloaded to <genode-dir>/contrib/libc-<hash>/
>
> * Specify the libc for your target by adding the following line to
>   the target's build-description file (target.mk):
>
>   LIBS += libc
>
> * Enable the 'libports' repository in your <build-dir>/etc/build.conf
>   file by uncommenting the corresponding line.
>
> Note that the libc is a shared library. By using it, your program will
> implicitly become a dynamically linked executable. Hence, you will need
> to incorporate the dynamic linker (ld.lib.so) and the libc (libc.lib.so)
> into your boot image (see 'boot_modules' in your run script).
>
> Cheers
> Norman
>
> --
> Dr.-Ing. Norman Feske