Uboot creation script fails

Christian Helmuth christian.helmuth at ...1...
Thu Sep 10 09:38:07 CEST 2015

Hello Mark,

as desired the patch revealed the cause of your issue - please look
below.

On Wed, Sep 09, 2015 at 06:04:02PM +0200, Mark Albers wrote:
> ELF-Header:
>   Magic:   7f 45 4c 46 01 01 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
>   Klasse:                            ELF32
>   Daten:                             2er-Komplement, Little-Endian
>   Version:                           1 (current)
>   OS/ABI:                            UNIX - System V
>   ABI-Version:                       0
>   Typ:                               EXEC (ausführbare Datei)
>   Maschine:                          ARM
>   Version:                           0x1
>   Einstiegspunktadresse:               0x70000000
>   Beginn der Programm-Header:          52 (Bytes in Datei)
>   Beginn der Sektions-header:          1937584 (Bytes in Datei)
>   Flags:                             0x5000202, has entry point, Version5
> EABI, soft-float ABI
>   Größe dieses Headers:              52 (Byte)
>   Größe der Programm-Header:         32 (Byte)
>   Number of program headers:         3
>   Größe der Sektions-Header:         40 (bytes)
>   Anzahl der Sektions-Header:        12
>   Sektions-Header Stringtabellen-Index: 11

Your locale resp. language settings are German (de), but the "magic"
in image/uboot is limited to English (en) output of the readelf tool.
You may check this by running your build via

  LANGUAGE=en make run/printf  vs.
  LANGUAGE=de make run/printf

This could be a quick fix for you to make progress with the loss of
German error messages if something goes wrong. For future, we have to
come up with a blue print for robust processing of tool output from
the background of differing locales. I don't think just enforcing
LC_ALL=C and LANGUAGE=en will help because of the mentioned issue with
diagnostic messages only in English.

Thanks for your help to investigate the issue.

Greets
--
Christian Helmuth