Xpra port?

Jookia 166291 at ...9...
Sat Sep 5 18:39:14 CEST 2015

Hey there,

After disappearing and thinking for a while about how to have some kind of
support for GNU/Linux sandboxes with seamless integration to the window manager.
I've thought a lot about how the Qubes approach does it using shared memory and
Xorg messages but this doesn't work over the network, so I'm starting to wonder
if it'd be better to just use something like Xpra. I'm not sure how big the TCB
of it is versus just passing X messages, but it shouldn't really be that bad if
you only give it access to files shared with the sandboxed system, meaning it'd
be counterproductive to break in to Xpra.

Xpra also plans a Wayland port which might map well. Thoughts?

Jookia.