seL4: does X server require Linux; hardware for VMs

John Lee jjl at ...348...
Fri Sep 4 14:13:59 CEST 2015

On Thu, 3 Sep 2015, Norman Feske wrote:

> In short, the seL4 version of Genode is not useful at the current stage.
> If you like to experiment with Genode until we get there, I recommend
> you to give the NOVA kernel (on x86) or the base-hw kernel (on ARM) a
> try. Of course, we wish to extend our seL4 line of work to a fully
> supported base platform. But since Genode's seL4 involvement is just a
> hobby project of mine, I cannot give you a concrete time frame.

I see, thanks (and for the other answers).  It's great to see such
progress with both cap implementation and correctness proofs.  I was
starting to wonder if I'd see something I would use daily in my lifetime,
now I have hope!  And already something I can try right now...

John