Turmvilla scenario

Alexander Boettcher alexander.boettcher at ...1...
Fri Oct 23 08:59:01 CEST 2015

Hello,

On 22.10.2015 15:07, Vincent Digital wrote:
>> I'm using the Ubuntu 14.04 LTS Desktop as guest VM
>> From the logs, I am unable to deduce what goes wrong. How do I get a
> working Linux ? The screen is still blank.
>> Any advise ?

>From what we can see/know from you, it should work. Your setup is
running here on several X201 successfully.

Thinks which you may check are:
- check that you used the right, yours, UUIDs in vm_linux.vbox for the
vdi and vmdk and did not mixed them up - do you use the same suggested
partition layout ?
- What does the cpu_load_display subsystem shows ? The CPUs are idle or
they are busy during the VM startup?
- What else differs/did you maybe differently as described ?
- I don't believe in some issue here - but just as reference: my X201 is
running the BIOS Version 1.40, Intel M 520 with 4GB, Enabled in CPU
section all entries, e.g. Intel Virtualization Technology, VT-d Feature
- You may also try my turmvilla branch [0], which contains several
fixups for several things I encountered - but your described issue
doesn't sound like my branch would help you here.

Good luck,

Alex.

[0] https://github.com/alex-ab/genode/commits/turmvilla