run/noux_bash error

Abhay Amala amalaabhay at ...9...
Wed Oct 7 16:55:34 CEST 2015

Hi Christian,

Thank you for your answers!

On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 9:09 AM, Christian Helmuth <
christian.helmuth at ...1...> wrote:

> Hello Abhay Amala,
>
> On Tue, Oct 06, 2015 at 11:29:25PM +0200, Abhay Amala wrote:
> > I execute run/demo on base-nova successfully. i have tried to run make
> > run/noux_bash in my nova build directory, but i am not getting command
> > prompt inside my qemu. After displaying the following outputs, it gets
> > stuck.
> [...]
> > [init -> ps2_drv] Using keyboard with scan code set 1 (xlate).
> > [init -> ps2_drv] Detected ExPS/2 mouse - activating scroll-wheel and
> > 5-button support.
> > [init -> platform_drv] PS2 uses IRQ, vector 0x1
> > [init -> platform_drv] PS2 uses IRQ, vector 0xc
>
> At this point the PS/2 driver hangs. This is a known issue with the
> new Qemu GTK front end, but we had no time to look into it up to now.
> Please add to your <nova-build-dir>/etc/build.conf the following line
>
>   QEMU_OPT += -display sdl
>
> and retry.

I added the above line and executed the run script again, but there is no
change, still the output.

> Regarding the problem with base-linux on Ubuntu 14.04, I hope somebody
> in the community using this particular version will speak up.
> Unfortunately, I'm of no help as I'm still using 12.04 LTS ;-)
>
> On the other hand, you may try to debug it yourself with my guidance.
> First, I'd start to instrument the fb_sdl server component. If you're
> on Genode 15.08 you'll find the sources in
>
>   repos/os/src/drivers/framebuffer/sdl/
>
> The input handling is implemented in input.cc in the function
> wait_for_event(), which is executed in the main thread of the
> component. (The actual server runs in a separate thread providing the
> RPC entrypoint for clients.) You can add a trace output at line 156
> (right after "if ... SDL_GetMouseState()") like follows
>
>   PLOG("event type=%s (%u)",
>        event.type == SDL_KEYUP           ? "SDL_KEYUP" :
>        event.type == SDL_KEYDOWN         ? "SDL_KEYDOWN" :
>        event.type == SDL_MOUSEBUTTONUP   ? "SDL_MOUSEBUTTONUP" :
>        event.type == SDL_MOUSEBUTTONDOWN ? "SDL_MOUSEBUTTONDOWN" :
>        event.type == SDL_MOUSEBUTTONDOWN ? "SDL_MOUSEBUTTONDOWN" :
>        event.type == SDL_MOUSEMOTION     ? "SDL_MOUSEMOTION" :
>        event.type == SDL_ACTIVEEVENT     ? "SDL_ACTIVEEVENT" :
>        "other", event.type);
>
> It may also be of interest if the input driver tries to submit an
> excessive number of invalid events for unknown event types. Please
> also look at line 195 and instrument with
>
>   if (type == Event::INVALID)
>     PINF("submit invalid event");
>
> I'm curious what you'll discover.

I did what you mentioned above, and I got the following outputs.

init -> terminal] create terminal session
[init -> terminal] new terminal session:
[init -> terminal]   framebuffer has 1024x768 pixels
[init -> terminal]   character size is 6x14 pixels
[init -> terminal]   terminal size is 170x54 characters
[init -> fb_sdl] event type=other (13)
[init -> fb_sdl] submit invalid event
[init -> fb_sdl] event type=other (13)
[init -> fb_sdl] submit invalid event