Procedure to build and run virtualbox/genode/nova

Lonnie Cumberland lonnie at ...218...
Fri Oct 2 16:50:40 CEST 2015

Greetings All,

Let me first say that I really like the Genode-Foundations 15.05 manual and
have worked thorugh the first part through section 2.4 which ends with
making NOVA and booting it with the Demo

I know that this question has been asked but searching back through the
mailing list archives, I cannot seem to locate a clear procedure to set up
and run virtualbox under genode under nova.

In one mailing list discussion it said to go into the

$ cd <genode>/repos/ports
$ run/virtualbox

and then with a test.iso (tinycore_x86_64.iso) in bin (assuming
<genode>/build/nova_x86_64)

Perhaps I am missing something, but this did not work?

Is there any documentation on the website that I might be able to look at
to get an idea?

Sorry for the simple questions (in the learning curve now for Genode) as I
am trying to get a good understanding of Genode and how it operates as I
think that it will be very good for the project that I am working on at the
moment.

Kind Regards and have a great day,
Lonnie