Turmvilla scenario

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Fri Nov 13 15:40:29 CET 2015

Hi Vincent,

>> b. Memory leak or stability issue. I have encountered a couple of times
>> leaving the Turmvilla scenario with both sessions running (just web
>> browsers) for 1-2 hours. When I returned to the machine, the entire
>> computer hanged up. I could not even access CLI terminal to terminate
>> anything. As usual, besides the logs, any suggestions to troubleshoot
>> the issue.
>
> I had this issue twice since the recent update of my turmvilla branch.
> When it happened, the LOG messages indicated repeated attempts by
> rump_fs to allocate more memory until it eventually got stuck. Once
> rump_fs stops working, all users of the Genode partition will block
> forever. This includes the VMs and also CLI monitor (since it obtains
> the subsystem configurations from the Genode partition).
>
> Emery recently discovered an allocation issue in rump_fs that may be
> related to the problem. But I haven't tried the fix yet:
>
>   https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/issues/1752#issuecomment-152488824

the fix did not solve my problem. However, during the past days of
intensive testing, we were able to find and fix several issues, which
already entered the staging branch. Right now, I am happily using most
of those fixes the following work-in-progress branch of Turmvilla:

  https://github.com/nfeske/genode/commits/turmvilla_intel_fb