Best referance hardware at this point ?

Jookia 166291 at ...9...
Mon Nov 9 23:05:05 CET 2015

On Mon, Nov 09, 2015 at 11:10:06AM -0800, Jamey Sharp wrote:
> Support for USB debug adapters would be great, and doesn't require
> fully configuring the USB host.

If you have a device that supports USB OTG like a Beagleboard you can use
Linux's USB gadget support and get an EHCI debugger that way too.

> What's non-free there? Nix is LGPLv2 licensed, right?

Nix is free, but from what I can tell the genode-nix code isn't licensed, so
it's all rights reserved (or the github license if you want to be technical) -
definitely not free.

> (I am super excited to learn that someone's working on Nix for Genode;
> I think that'll make development a lot easier once it works.)

Me too! It's one of the reasons I'm getting in to NixOS at the moment.