Turmvilla scenario

Vincent Digital vdigital3800 at ...9...
Mon Nov 9 07:16:53 CET 2015

Hi, everyone,

Thanks for sharing your experiences on Wi Fi driver and NIC driver with NIC
Bridge. With renewed confidence, I've persisted with a new GIT version of
Genode and now I am happy to share that I'm able to get NIC Bridge working
with Wi Fi driver as well for 2 x sessions of Virtualbox, one with an
Ubuntu Linux guest and the other with a Windows 7 guest. The funny thing is
that I used the same configuration file as previous so I am not sure why it
works now while previously it could not.

As I proceed to use Turmvilla as regular, I would like to share 2 issues
and see if there are any suggestions to improve.

a. Shutdown of VMM - Fixes #1687. I would attempt to shutdown my Windows or
Linux session and the VMM window would hang. I thought it was fixed by
Fixes #1687 but it seems the problem is still there. I have checked and
double-checked that Fixes #1687 is in. Any idea ? I've not manage to
capture the logs for this issue.

b. Memory leak or stability issue. I have encountered a couple of times
leaving the Turmvilla scenario with both sessions running (just web
browsers) for 1-2 hours. When I returned to the machine, the entire
computer hanged up. I could not even access CLI terminal to terminate
anything. As usual, besides the logs, any suggestions to troubleshoot the
issue.

Thanks.