AHCI still not working
norman.feske at ...1...
Fri May 29 20:12:07 CEST 2015
On 05/29/2015 06:16 PM, Nobody III wrote:
> Thanks for the links. I understand a little better how to work with Git
> now. I haven't read everything, but I have looked at the parts that seem
> most relevant.
> I'm still not finding an answer to my question. Can I fork the Genode
> repository without having to re-download Genode for my fork?
I am not 100% sure I got your question right. But I will try to answer
anyway. You can do the following:
* Clone Genode from genodelabs/genode. This is what you most likely
have done already,
* Create a fork of Genode at GitHub,
* Add the URL of your fork as a "remote" to your local repository
(see the 'git remote' command),
* Fetch the differences between your local repository and the
remote one, e.g., your fork (see the 'git fetch' command)
* Switch to a specific topic branch (see the 'git checkout' and
'git branch' commands)
* Upload the commits of your topic branch to your fork (see the
'git push' command)
In short: There is no need to download the entirety of Genode again
because 'git fetch' downloads just the differences.
But all that is not specific to Genode but general Git-Fu. Hence,
Christian suggested to consult Git-related resources for help.
Dr.-Ing. Norman Feske
http://www.genode-labs.com · http://genode.org
Genode Labs GmbH · Amtsgericht Dresden · HRB 28424 · Sitz Dresden
Geschäftsführer: Dr.-Ing. Norman Feske, Christian Helmuth
More information about the users