Building Genode for Linux/ARM

Alexander Senier alex at ...331...
Mon May 18 22:10:40 CEST 2015

Hi all,

I'm trying to build Genode for the Linux base platform for ARM without
success so far. Despite having the ARM toolchain installed, my builds
always are x86_64. Here is what I did after checking out the source tree:

$ cd <genode_dir>/tool
$ ./toolchain arm

After prompting for my super user password the toolchain gets installed
to /usr/local/genode-gcc. The resulting tools (genode-arm-*) appear to
work OK.

$ ./create_builddir linux_arm
$ cd ../build/linux_arm
$ make run/demo

However, when done an SDL window running the *x86_64* version of the
demo pops up.

$ file init/init
init/init: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV),
statically linked, not stripped

I'm building a current Genode master branch on Debian 8 / x86_64.

What am I missing?

Cheers,
Alex