Improved window management

Nobody III hungryninja101 at ...9...
Sun May 10 22:50:57 CEST 2015

Thanks for getting me to reread the New GUI Architecture page. It answers
some of my questions, but not all of them.
For adding minimize/maximize/restore/close buttons to the window
decorations, how do we handle the decorator not recieving input? Should it
send rectangles to indicate where the buttons are, and be sent signals from
the layouter when the mouse is over/clicking on one of them?
Also, what is the best way to implement focus on click? People won't want
to have to click on the window decorations or the panel every time they
want to switch windows.
It seems like the destop and panel should be at least partially combined. I
understand that there could be security issues with this.
I have been thinking about how to allow users to have user-specific
applications appear on the desktop and menu. What seems the most logical
(secure yet user-friendly) is to use different text colors for system-wide
and user-specific applications. Do you have any ideas on this? I could see
the panel/desktop becoming overly complex.