Strictness in syntax of Makefiles

Aditya Kousik adit267.kousik at ...9...
Thu May 7 11:24:21 CEST 2015

Hello all,

I'm still learning my ropes at writing Makefiles and make descriptor files.
I can't seem to get the filter-out option working properly. Despite filling
out

FILTER_OUT = somefile.cpp
SRC_CC += $(filter-out $(FILTER_OUT),$(notdir $(wildcard
$(SRC_DIR)/subdirs/*.cpp)))

the build system continues to add these to the set of files to be built.

Next, most of the screen is bombarded with unused-variable and
unused-function warnings. I tried to suppress them as mentioned in the
build system manual with the
CC_OPT += -Wunused-function -Wunused-variable

Build system still throws the above warnings. Are the spacing and/or use of
commas crucial to the build system?

Thanks and regards,
Aditya